Friday, June 8, 2007

GIBRALTAR

Gibraltar was such a great experience. It was culture shock to walk across the border and have everything change from Spanish to English. I guess I never went to Tijuana when living in San Diego last year. This place was such a nice relief from the hot weather. The Mediterranean breeze was such a treat!

Crossing the border.

This first thing you see once your get through customs.
I took a cable car (kind of like the tram at Snowbird) up to the top of the rock!
And here it is! THE ROCK! ¨GIB¨as the locals call it.



St. Michael´s Cave
They found this prehistoric skull in the cave!

Lots of stalagmites and stalagtites!

Creepy!

This was a headstone I saw while passing Trafalgar cemetary. It was such a nice cemetary and very well kept.

Views from the walk down:


That´s Spain in the background, where my hostel was!


I almost cut myself on the glass!


THE MONKEYS OF GIBRALTAR
THIS SECTION IS DEDICATED TO PAUL, STEPHEN AND VAL FROM AUSTIN, TEXAS!!!!

3 comments:

Corrinne said...

Patrick! Love the pictures - looks like you're having the time of your life :-) Just wait till you see Barcelona! The Gaudi architecture is going to blow your mind.

Corrinne

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick,
I am so jealous, but glad for you!! What an awesome experience!! My son, Chad, enjoyed your site too. He went to Europe a few summers ago, and he pointed out to me which places he went to.
Talk to you later.
Judy

Unknown said...

OMG - I LOVED those monkeys, I almost missed the tour of the caves when I was there because I was so intrigued with them.

I will leave a comment on your MySpace - keep up the blogs, we are loving them :)