Saturday, September 29, 2007

FRANKFURT

After a few days in Trier, I booked it up and then down the Rhine River to Frankfurt. While only there for 2 days, Frankfurt was another favorite. If you combined New York City with Salt Lake City, the result would be Frankfurt! There are skyscrapers to rival a NYC skyline, yet wide open spaces and smaller buildings that reminded me of Salt Lake. It was pretty clean like Salt Lake as well. Frankfurt is home to the Central European Bank! I had a fun time learning about the Euro and also seeing currencies from other countries pre-Euro. Had a nice chat with one of the museum employees. He went to school in Bonn, where I had just visited the week prior.

This statue rests in the center of the Haupt Markt. Frankfurt hosts many conventions and shows so there is always something going on. The week I was there, an Ironman decathalon was taking place. The bleachers in the background are for the medal ceremonies.

Town Hall
German Pride

It seems like all I saw in Frankfurt were Mercedes, Audi, and BMW. Surprisingly, I don't recall Volkswagen.

A wedding had just taken place a few minutes prior. The pigeons are feeding on the left over rice. It was a beautiful moment and I wished the two brides well! Europe is so much more progressive!

No comments: